This recipe is for those of you with smokers or BBQ smoker grill. These pork tenderloins are marinated in a sweet Milton’s Own and herby-thyme mixture for a sweet and savory flavor finished with a smoky zing.
SMOKED PORK TENDERLOIN (Download printable PDF)
This recipe is for two 1-1/2 lb. pork tenderloins. If it’s not already done, remove the silver skin.
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 3 tbsp Milton’s Own Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Milton’s Own Maple Sugar
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp coarse black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the apple juice, Milton’s Own Maple Syrup, Milton’s Own Maple Sugar, and the remaining ingredients.
- Place the tenderloins in the bowl with the marinade, turn the tenderloins so they are completely coated; cover the bowl with plastic wrap; refrigerate for 2-3 hours; turn pork loins halfway through the marinating.
- When you are ready to cook, set the smoker grill temperature to 225°F; preheat with the lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Place the tenderloins directly on the grill; close the lid; smoke for approximately 2-1/2 to 3 hours; check for doneness — it’s ready when the internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- OPTIONAL: When serving, top with fresh thyme leaves.