Maple Sugar Bread Pudding
- 12 ounces day-old bread
(a little more than half a loaf), cubed into 1-inch pieces
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup granulated Milton’s Own™ Maple Sugar
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Spray an 8” x 8” x 2” baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In an even layer, spread the bread cubes into the prepared baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl — whisk together the eggs, maple sugar, milk, vanilla, nutmeg, and cinnamon until fully combined. Pour the mixture evenly over the bread in the baking pan, making sure all of the bread cubes are coated.
- Let sit and soak for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake in oven for 50-55 minutes or until the top is set.
- Remove from oven. Cool before serving.
Use this recipe as a start to make your own version. Add apples, raisins, or pecans. Try topping your bread pudding with ice cream and maple syrup.