Maple Sugar Barbeque Sauce
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup maple sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring mixture to a boil, and then reduce heat to simmer. Cook uncovered, stirring frequently, for 1 hour 15 minutes.
NOTE: For those who like a hotter sauce, add dashes of your favorite hot sauce. Try starting with two dashes and add more to your taste.
NOTE: For a different twist, try splitting the cider to ¼ cup cider + ¼ cup bourbon