This simple but delicious recipe can be used to roast (sliced) or grill (whole) carrots. The carrots are glazed with our Maple Sugar, mustard, and soy for a zesty vegetable side dish.
- 1 pound carrots, well-scrubbed or peeled
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 tbsp Milton’s Own™ Maple Sugar
- 1/2 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp soy sauce (We like tamari. It’s pure soy and gluten-free.)
- 1 small clove garlic, grated
- Preheat oven to 400F°.
- In a pie plate (or other flat dish or container), combine the oil, Milton’s Own™ Maple Sugar, grainy mustard, Dijon mustard, soy sauce, and garlic.
- Toss the carrots in the mixture.
NOTE: Save the mixture that you don’t use now.
- Arrange carrots in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake until tender and lightly golden brown (turning every 10 minutes for best result),
approximately 20-30 minutes.
- Drizzle them with the remaining glaze.