A soft and chewy snickerdoodle cookie has to be among the favorites for many of us. This recipe uses our Maple Sugar in the cookie and our Maple-Cinnamon Blend for the coating.
Ingredients for cookies:
- 1 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 ½ cups Milton’s Own™ Maple Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp salt
Ingredients for Cinnamon-Sugar Mixture:
- ¼ cup Milton’s Own™ Maple Sugar
- 1 ½ tbsp cinnamon
NOTE: Or you can use a rounded ¼ cup of Milton’s Own™ Maple-Cinnamon Blend
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and Milton’s Own™ Maple Sugar thoroughly until light and fluffy — about 4-5 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla. Cream for 1-2 minutes longer. Be sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl so all the ingredients are blended.
- Sift dry ingredients (flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt) in a separate bowl, and slowly incorporate them into the wet ingredients.
- Cover the dough and let refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- Prepare the cinnamon-maple sugar mixture. In a small bowl, stir together Milton’s Own™ Maple Sugar and cinnamon — or just use Milton’s Own™ Maple-Cinnamon Blend.
- Roll into small balls (about 1-1/2”) until round and smooth. Drop into the cinnamon-sugar mixture and coat well. Using a spoon, coat for a second time, ensuring the cookie balls are completely covered.NOTE: To make flatter snickerdoodles, press down in the center of the balls before placing them in the oven. This will reduce them puffing up in the middle.
- Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the tops have cracked and the cookies are set. Let cool for several minutes on the baking sheet before removing from the pan.