Vermont meets Carolina — Maple meets Mustard
If you’re ready for a different-tasting barbeque sauce that’s slightly sweet and mildly spicy, try this Maple-flavored Carolina Gold BBQ Sauce. It’s the perfect accent for any meat you’re grilling!
MAPLE CAROLINA GOLD BBQ SAUCE (Download printable PDF)
- ¾ cup prepared yellow mustard
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¾ cup Milton’s Own Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp of your favorite hot sauce (adjust amount based on your personal tastes)
- ¼ cup Milton’s Own Maple Sugar
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk together until thoroughly mixed.
- NOTE: If you like a thicker barbeque sauce, adjust the amounts of Milton’s Own Maple Syrup and Sugar to ½ cup of each.
- Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and place over medium-high heat.
- Stirring constantly, bring sauce to a low boil. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Store your Carolina Gold BBQ Sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one month.
- You can adjust the sweet and spicy blend with slight adjustments to the hot sauce or the sugar.