A sweet and custard-like dessert with vanilla and maple sugar flavors, it can be served warm or cold. It’s great with ice cream or smothered with a warm fruit compote.
- 12 ounces day-old bread (a little more than half a loaf), cubed into about 1” pieces
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup Milton’s Own™ Maple Sugar
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Spray an 8” x 8” baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In an even layer, spread the bread cubes into the prepared baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl — whisk together the eggs, Milton’s Own™ Maple Sugar, milk, vanilla, nutmeg,
and cinnamon until thoroughly combined. Pour the mixture evenly over the bread in the baking pan, ensuring all the bread cubes are coated.
- Let sit and soak for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake in oven for 50-55 minutes or until the top is set.
- Remove from oven. Cool before serving.