Roasted acorn squash made with butter, blueberries, and maple sugar is easy-to-bake and a delicious side dish — perfect for any fall dinner. The sweetness of the maple sugar and blueberries adds to the mildly buttery flavor of the acorn squash.
Ingredients (for each squash used):
- 1 acorn squash (generally this is enough for two people)
- 2 tsp of Milton’s Own™ Maple Sugar (1 in each half squash)
- 1/3 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tbsp butter divided for each half squash (optional)
- Thoroughly wash the squash.
- Slice in half stem to end.
- Scoop out the seeds.
- Without cutting the skin, use a sharp knife to score the walls of the empty seed cavity.
This will help the flavors blend better.
- Place in the cavity, add 1 teaspoon of Milton’s Own™ Maple Sugar.
- Fill the cavity with blueberries (fresh or frozen).
- OPTIONAL — Top blueberries with a tab of butter.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes at 400°F or until fork tender.