Caramelized Maple Sugar Grilled Pineapple
If you’re looking for a delicious side dish for a grilled dinner, try pineapple spears or slices glazed with a buttery Maple Sugar coating and caramelize on the grill. Here’s a recipe that has a few flavor options for your pineapple!
- One pineapple cut into spears (or use slices of pineapple from a can)
- ½ cup Milton’s Own Maple Sugar
- ½ cup Butter, melted
- Lay the pineapple spears on a plate. (Note: You can use a grill pan so you can easily place prepared pineapple on your grill.
- Whisk the butter and Milton’s Own Maple Sugar until smooth.
- Spread on top of the pineapple.
- Grill pineapple for about 7-10 minutes or until it starts to turn golden brown.
- Watch the pineapple closely. If placed over a high-heat area, the pineapple pieces can get charred more than you might like.
NOTE: For variety, you can substitute the ½ cup of Milton’s Own Maple Sugar with a combination of ¼ cup of Milton’s Own Maple Sugar and ¼ cup of any one of these blends —
- Milton’s Own Maple Sugar Cinnamon
- Milton’s Own Beef Rub
- Milton’s Own Salmon Rub
NOTE: If you have leftover buttery Maple Sugar sauce, try brushing it on top of the pineapple before serving